Tuesday, August 19, 2008

post script

(Startling epiphany of the evening... hearing the Dave Matthews song "I'll Back You Up" and realizing that I'd forgotten that Dave Matthews existed. And I'd also forgotten the fact that I made a breakup mix when I was 19 and devastated and REALLY far from home, and used to listen to that track every single night for about two weeks to get myself to sleep).
It's SO weird, these moments where you suddenly feel like a teenager again, but living this close to family and old friends and old memories... it's inevitable. I occasionally drive past memories of first kisses, the first time driving a standard transmission, first day of high school, public pools in the summer and neighborhood butcher shops at Thanksgiving... and it's trippy... it makes me journal these weird, angsty, John Huges posts... and that's the way it goes.

It's 1am.
Why do I do this to myself?
Work is never going to call and say, "by the way, just start at 11 tomorrow, that's cool, stay up until 3 again..." :)

But damn...
I just remembered that they play the Cosby show after 1am...

this post script is not juicy.
if it doesn't contain gossip, a great joke or an admission of deep and burning love, post scripts should probably not happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home