Monday, November 03, 2008

non-political pre-election list making

Things that I have recently fallen head-over-heels in love with:

1. 71 degree, 100% blue sky Sundays when literally the only thing you are capable of doing that day is sitting outside with a cup of coffee and a book

2. Ed Wood. And... because you can't love one without the other... Plan 9 From Outer Space. I love Ed Wood so much, I can barely sit still.

3. The realization that Johnny Depp has fake teeth in almost every role I've ever seen him in (different teeth... that's pretty much Stanislavski method, right?)

4. The Longmont Vacuum Store. Specifically, the Longmont Vacuum Store Parking lot while idling my car in the parking lot for 17 consecutive minutes, listening to "This American Life: Halloween Special" on NPR.

Things that are guaranteed to drive me up-the-wall, can't-even-stand-it, bat-shit crazy:

1. Leaving a message for someone before 8am that says, drama free but with important intent, "need to speak to you, please call me as soon as you get this". And even 24 hours later, when you know said person will never call you back, still being unable to turn off the watchdog in your brain that's on alert for the phone to ring. Guaranteed fastest way to make me want to eat my left foot from frustration

2. Spending an entire weekend in bed reading a book that builds into a chilling climax at the end, and 10 pages away from finishing the damn thing, you leave it at your parents house.

3. Phone messages that are buried in your phone's memory, only to be shoved in your face when the operator MAKES you review them to re-save or delete, at the WORST possible time, when those exact messages are guaranteed to make you so sad that you can't even operate heavy machinery

4. Trying to sleep when you have stabbing pain emanating from your lower right side. I can only imagine what it would feel like trying to sleep when you're pregnant... but this morning all I could think was... "I think I'd choose being kicked in the bladder over being stabbed by a bayonette in the ovary today. Yes. I choose foot-to-bladder".

Good thing we never really get to choose these things. That would just be messed up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home