Monday, March 10, 2008

spatula city, and more. and how!

Too. Exhausted. To even write about it.

Things that have happened over the past 5 weeks that I would like to muse about, but must return to when I can feel my pulse:

1. Brian staged a surprise birthday for me. My family and all of my friends were there... I was so surprised that I cried and then my heart almost exploded. It was awesome. It was the nicest thing anyone (any 18 people, I should say) have EVER ever done for me. SO SWEET! 26 never felt so good.

2. Then I went to Maui, which was *also* awesome. I saw a blood red moon rise, which made the entire ocean blood red... a whale breached and sent crimson ripples out over the horizon. There were also Mai Tais and hikes along the lava and whale watches and a cow that chased my mom, but for now, just a photo I took hanging out the car of the Hana Highway.... and a huge fire

3. I came back from Maui just in time for Glorga's birthday, but the crazy girl was out of town interviewing for her Fabulous Grad Schools, because she is Brilliant and Too Talented for Us to Handle :)
(picture will be uploaded at some point of the handbag that she just made for me. It's nicer than the handbag I splurged on last summer... seriously, it's awesome.)

4. Then I went to Frozen Dead Guy Day, which was funny because I'd joked about going with friends (we all decided definitely *not* to be so ridiculous), and as I was showering on Saturday morning, someone else rang my doorbell and said "hey, let's go to frozen dead guy." So up I went to the mountains, with no food in my belly and wet (frozen dead) hair. Note to self: NEXT TIME, EAT SOMETHING FIRST. And dry your hair so you don't turn into a popsicle.
Here is a hilarious photo of a penguin who did the polar plunge *completely* accurately, as his penguin bretheren might verify if they ever come to Frozen Dead Guy Day. Seriously, it was pretty hot. He did a belly flop on the ice and then slid into the freezing water on his stomach.









5. Also, Saturday was TOM's birthday. Holy Crap! Can life get any more exciting? We went on a total bender (Note to self : EAT SOMETHING NEXT TIME) and after taking a series of photos of Tom & Thad and a whole other Thaddeus (who we will call Thaddeus ^2) and Brian and Pete and Kelly (that I don't remember) ((pictures soon to be included))... I spent the rest of the weekend getting laughed at by the boys for being so miserably hung over and then we watched Weird Al's UHF and ate cake.

How had I never heard of UHF?
How has every boy on the planet seen this movie?
How is Spatula City just entering my life right now?
(Lyrics included, despite coma-level exhaustion):

"Spatula City"

[Announcer:] There's just one place to go for all of your spatula needs
[Random Voice #1:] Spatula City
[Random Voice #2:] Spatula City

[Announcer:]
A giant warehouse of spatulas for every occasion.
Thousands to choose from in every shape, size, and color.
And because we eliminate the middle man, we can sell all our spatulas factory direct to you.
Where do you go if you want to buy name brand spatulas at a fraction of retail cost?
[Random Voice:] Spatula City
[Random Voice:] Spatula City

[Announcer:]
And this weekend only, take advantage of our special liquidation sale.
Buy nine spatulas, get the tenth one for just one penny.
Don't forget, they make great Christmas presents.
And what better way to say "I love you." than with the gift of a spatula?
[Random Voice:] Spatula City
[Random Voice:] Spatula City

[Sy Greenblum:]
Hello, this is Sy Greenblum, president of Spatula City.
I liked their spatulas so much, I bought the company.

[Announcer:]
Spatula City - seven locations; we're in the yellow pages under "spatulas".

[Neighbor:] My, where did you get that lovely spatula?
[Singers:] Spatula City: We sell spatulas, and that's all.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home