Monday, September 03, 2007

labor of love

Nothing says 'labor day weekend' like loading up the car and taking an 800 mile round-trip drive across Colorado for a wedding.

I met my friend Coryn at camp when we were 11, and it was very sweet and full-circle to play my cello in her wedding 14 years later. She and her husband live in England, so it was also a nice opportunity for everyone to spend a little time with them.

The trip started Thursday morning, with my car full of cello accessories and mix cds that friends have given me over the past few years-- which made for 7 hours of singing and amazing scenery.













SW descent of Monarch Pass














Stormy mountain views before the fourth thunderstorm of the day hit Ramona Rav
















Ouray is like a cereal bowl made out of mountains. Here on Main Street, Ramona Rav & I represent the Cheerios.














Southern View from the wedding site in Ridgway (the white fence in the corner is part of the stables-- beauuuutiful horses)













too lazy to re-order pictures... here's another view of Ouray: Nature's Mountainous Cereal Bowl
















West view from the Ridgway Wedding Site


















Did I mention that the backdrop of the wedding was GOR-GEOUS ?! I wish these photos did it justice.














The wedding site-- lake, ducklings, tent for food, upscale Western lodge-type reception building, wedding outside to the right. Backdrop: am-az-ing













Hours before the wedding and still on the job-- Cory doing her sister Bronwyn's hair (right after cutting her fiance's hair, and probably styling the bridesmaid's lovely locks too) :)














Took a little detour on the way home to see Black Canyon... I wasn't in the mood for a $15 visitor's fee (?!?), so I just took a lanscape shot out the window. Photo Entitled: This Is Not Black Canyon, But It Was Beautiful Anyway













Summiting Monarch Pass on the way home... wow

(Sign on the Monarch Visitor's Center--
"Monarch Pass-- 11,(some) feet. Free Cap With Purchase of Hunting License.")
















Same view....

















A little further up the pass (best shadows EVER on the drive home)

















Self-portrait out of moonroof on carved-out side of the road. Somewhat irresponsible, quite sleepy, 2 bottles of water down & 4 hrs left to drive










I didn't have a chance to take a single photo at the wedding from my camera, but the music went well... the wedding was beautiful... the party was out of control, and someone stubbed a cigarette out on my hand (thinking it was a railing...)

photos to come when they're online.

I'm exhausted, run down and sick after a week's worth of job / wedding music insanity, so I'm out to buy some juice and then back to being horizontal. Then it's off to work again for another last-minute shoot and a week's worth of work anxiety dreams. Nice.

zzzzzz,
mountain traveler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home