Tuesday, September 11, 2007

grape nuts, but made into O's



cowboy & indian party at Justin's house last weekend...


I was a cowgirl


Brian was a cowboy...













he was sad to find a departed bovine brethren out by the keg

















Ekkehardt was there too, and we made a German Cowboy / Girl Cow Head totem pole



















His bandanna said "Made In China."
That couldn't do.


I put it on his face. Oh, the international irony.







This morning, it was 43 degrees when I went out for my 7am "oh, let's pretend we're athletic" charade. There was fog lifting off of the horse pastures, and frost on the cars-- very pretty and sad at the same time. Sad if you love summer so much that it hurts you.

And although my previous post focused on the nearly-crashing-into-living-room aspects of having a hot air balloon launch across the street, I have to say that even on a non-crashing-into-the-living-room day, it's still pretty neat.

The balloons stayed parked, peeking over rooftops for a while this morning, but the moment I passed them the ground crew let go of the anchors and both balloons launched, flames roaring as they gained altitude and floated up over the power lines. They moved South along 63rd exactly as fast as I jogged, and when I turned down my street back toward my apartment, they floated across the street and followed me home.

Pretty great way to start the day... fog steaming off the cold fields, hot air balloons following my run, a hot shower to come home to... crunchy grape nut o's (my new favorite cereal) and a sweet Colorado peach.


I spent the afternoon on Sunday reading the book I had put down for a while-- The Elegant Universe by Briane Greene-- and it's so exciting that it makes my heart hurt. I love quantum physics in terms that I can understand, especially when it invites me to imagine that I could time travel by suspending myself over a black hole, or explaining how much the Earth could weigh in tablespoons as I stir sugar into my coffee.

Cow costumes, mundane morning adventures, new dresses in my closet and a good book to finish--
that's a pretty promising start to fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home